Who we are
We offer a wide range of Background Check Services to employers, businesses, and landlords. Such as: Criminal records, education verifications, DMV records, and drug testing services to employers for current and prospective employees.
Non-employment background checks and verifications for landlords on prospective tenants. Depending on the Service you use, we may collect different information about you, and additional privacy terms, notices, and/or disclosures may apply to your use of the Services. This policy does not cover data collected by or through third-party websites or services.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Collection When You Visit Our Website: Diligent Screening Services makes use of tools such as cookies to collect various types of information about your activity and computer while you use this website. This information is only used to deliver and market the Services. If you visit our website, we will collect technical information from your browser, whether you have an account with us or not. This includes log data, which is automatically generated by your browser every time you request a webpage, and includes your IP address, location, and the requested webpage. We might also request analytics data, which include cookies and third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics.
Contact forms: This website uses a contact form plugin. Personal data captured when someone submits a contact form, is kept for customer service purposes. We do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Items on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites, such as Youtube.com videos, behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How We Use The Information We Collect From You: We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. Your information is used to provide and improve our services, to secure our website against fraud or abuse, such as spam and malware, and to analyze our web traffic. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit your contact sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
- Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to your information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Collection When We Provide Services To Our Business Customers
Diligent Screening Services, is a consumer reporting agency. It is required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq. (“FCRA”) to maintain the confidentiality of all consumer information.
Diligent Screening Services obtains information for the purposes of background screening on an individual consumer only upon the request of a user who has a permissible purpose under the FCRA to request information on that consumer. In cases of employment as a permissible purpose, the FCRA requires a user to certify to Diligent Screening Services that it has obtained the written consent of the consumer to request information before Diligent Screening Services can supply the requested information. The user must submit to reasonable audits Diligent Screening Services to confirm that it is, in fact, obtaining such consents.
Information gathered on a consumer may only be provided to the end user authorized by the consumer to receive the information. Diligent Screening Services does not share, sell or distribute consumer information with or to any third-party other than the requesting party thereof. Any consumer, upon proper identification, has the right under the FCRA to request any and all information Diligent Screening Services may have on that consumer. The consumer has the right to dispute the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in the consumer’s report or file. The consumer’s rights under the FCRA may be obtained by contacting us or going to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s website at: http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201504_cfpb_summary_your-rights-under-fcra.pdf.
Other privacy initiatives and procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Access to confidential consumer information is limited within Diligent Screening Services to those who have a need to know the information:
- those obtaining and transmitting information on the consumer,
- those dealing with a consumer request for information,
- and those handling consumer disputes.
- Access to Diligent Screening Services computer terminals, file cabinets, fax machines, trash bins, desktops, etc. are secure from unauthorized access.
- Diligent Screening Services maintains a secure network to safeguard consumer information from internal and external threat.
- Any backup data is maintained in an encrypted form.
- Diligent Screening Services maintains records of each individual submitting a new report request on a consumer.
- Diligent Screening Services identifies each end user who is requesting information on a consumer. End users are verified as an authorized user prior to Diligent Screening Services releasing any consumer information.
- Employees are prohibited from “browsing” files or databases without a business justification.
- Destruction of consumer information follows the Federal Trade Commission’s requirements that the information be unreadable upon disposal.